Mother Nature made hosting my Mini Catalogue Launch Open House a challenge this month. I had to reschedule it two Saturdays in a row due to Winter storm warnings and poor driving conditions. Luckily, the third time was a charm and I was finally able to hold it this past Saturday. A huge thank you goes out to everyone for their patience. It was great seeing those of you who were able to attend and for those that weren’t able, I wanted to share a project I made with some of my favourite new products.
It’s always such fun creating decor items and gifts. The new Mini Catalogue offers so many products that make it super easy to create simple, yet stunning projects. Choosing which products to play with first was a tough decision. Ultimately I decided to use the Honey Bee Bundle and the Timeless Tulips Bundle. These are such versatile sets. I think you’ll agree these would make a wonderful addition to your collection.
First, I chose to create some home decor pieces to decorate my make and take tables as well as my product display tables. On a recent trip to the grocery store, I purchased some flowers I planned to use to add a pop of Spring to my event! To get started I grabbed some large Mason jars, my Detailed Bee Dies , some ribbon and got to work. Here is a peek at what I created to display my fresh flowers.
I was SO pleased with how these flower vases turned out and how well they complimented my country Farm House, that I decided I definitely needed to create more! But I was out of flowers, so I needed to create my own.
This is where the Tulip Builder Punch came in. With the tulip builder punch, I punched 4 tulips to create each flower. Then I scored down the centre of each tulip and folded it in half. Next, I glued each of the 4 tulips together to create a 3-D Tulip. A strong adhesive is recommended for this so prevent the tulips from coming apart. When adding the glue, I was careful not to glue near the base of the tulip. The base of the tulip was left without adhesive so that a wooden skewer could be poked into the centre to act as the stem. (Wooden skewers were purchased from the dollar store.) Before poking the wooden skewer into the tulip, it was rolled over a mini glue dot. This added bit of adhesive helped to secure the skewer in place.
I will be adding a video tutorial here in the next few days. Check back if you would like to see a visual of how these tulips were created.